Introduction – Broken News Privacy and related policies
BrokenNews.com.au (Broken News) is bound by the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth), which sets out a number of principles concerning the privacy of individuals.
Broken News wants you to be aware of the ways in which we may collect, use and disclose information from you and about you. This policy informs you about our practices in relation to collecting information through a range of our services, including (but not limited to) this website and related company websites, mobile apps, mobile and tablet sites, social media accounts, email, widgets and advertising services.
By using any of these Broken News services, you agree to the terms and conditions contained within this policy. This policy applies to the people and companies who interact with BrokenNews.com.au including visitors to our website, advertisers, and purchasers of goods and services supplied by us, and applies to our collection and use of your personal information.
The Double Click Cookie
The DoubleClick cookie is used by Google in the ads served on the websites of its partners, such as websites displaying AdSense ads or participating in Google certified ad networks. When users visit a partner’s website and either view or click on an ad, a cookie may be dropped on that end user’s browser. Broken News uses the DoubleClick cookie.
Some more things you should know:
- Google’s use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to Broken News users based on their visit to BrokenNews.com.au and/or other sites on the Internet.
- You may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick cookie for interest-based advertising by visiting Ads Settings.
So you need to be aware that:
- Third-party vendors and ad networks are serving advertisements on Broken News.
Collection of your personal information:
Broken News may collect identifying information about you when you contact us, sign up to our any future email newsletters or interact with our social media sites such as Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. We will never sell or otherwise disclose the information you provide to us, and will use it only to communicate with you and use data to improve the Broken News experience for you. The only exception to this agreement on disclosure is if we are required to disclose this information by law.
Broken News also collects non-personally identifiable information. This may also be collected may include, but not be limited to browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing Broken News, the amount of time spent on pages, and the website addresses that visitors are referred from. We use this in order to improve content and user experience at Broken News. We want to have a better understanding of users of Broken News and provide a better user experience.
Use of your personal information
From time to time, we may use information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will use for these new purposes only, data collected from the time of the policy change forward will adhere to our updated practices.
A few other things
- We will never sell or rent your personally identifiable information.
- We will only disclose your personally identifiable or other information if required to do so by law.
- If you are signed up to a Broken News email newsletter, you are free to unsubscribe from this at any time by using the link included in that email.
- If you use our site and provide personal information you consent to us:
- Communicating with you to improve our service to you
- Communicating with you on behalf of our approved advertising partners
- Communicating with you to promote updates and information about Broken News
- Providing your personal information to government, law-enforcement, judicial or other agencies as required by law
Broken News may on occasion link to other web sites or locations on the internet. We advise that these 3rd party locations are visited at your own risk and Broken News does not make any guarantee or accept any liability for any consequences of visiting these locations. Users should familiarise themselves with the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any 3rd party locations.
We recommend that if your browser offers a feature to notify you when cookies are received and give you the option of using cookies, you should use this option as you wish. Be aware that if you do so, some aspects of the site may not function as intended and your user experience may be limited.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
PO Box 750, Randwick, NSW 2031 AUSTRALIA